EPK

Press photo 2021 Photo by Josef Mauritzson 123 MB
Press release "The Great Divide", September 24th The second single from the upcoming album "Turning Points" 10.6 MB
"The Great Divide" Cover art by Shamo 338 KB
Press release "The Great Divide" Swedish Presstext till andra singeln "The Great Divide" från kommande fullängdare "Turning Points" 10.6 MB
Pressrelease - Swedish "Light & Ease" Läs om första singeln här som släpptes den 26e augusti 15.3 MB
Press release "Light & Ease" August 26th Read about the first single "Light & Ease" 15.3 MB
Light & Ease cover art 1,7 MB.jpg Cover art "Light & Ease"
Photo & Artwork by Josef Mauritzson
5.02 MB
Cover art "Turning Points" Art work by Sharing Moments
Upcoming album "Turning Points" slated for release October 15th
206 KB
Press photo NEW (OCT-21) Photo by Josef Mauritzson, Sharing Moments Productions 59.8 MB

"The Great Divide"

Press release 

New single release: The Great Divide 

Date of release: September 24th 

Label: MTA Production/ Quality Recordings 

Singer-songwriter Mattias Lies writes music based on his own story and the transformative journey he has made. With an open heart and a lot of sisu* he has released five albums and toured in both Sweden and the USA where he shared his experiences through his music. The new album “Turning Points”, with Daniel Ögren as producer, is on its way and just as the title suggests, it describes various turning points that have taken place in Lie’s eventful life. 

Three weeks before the release of the new album Mattias releases his second single “The Great Divide”, a feel-good song about relationships, low self esteem and a difficult behaviour. It’s said that we’re only able to see 10% of the person who stands in front of us, merely the tip of the iceberg. In a relationship we may get to discover the other 90% and sometimes this discovery feels like waking up from a dream. 

“Relationships are challenging and it takes two to tango” says Mattias as he continues:

“Back in the days, in the early stages of relationships with friends, girlfriends etc, I had a habit of withholding what I considered less attractive features of myself. My attempts to play a perfect game did not turn out so well and In the long run things became unbearable. I had a hard time just being me because I thought that I wasn’t good enough. Withholding imperfection was something that I was taught while growing up, simply to fit in. Later on, life taught me to be honest and straightforward and as I started to get more insights about this behaviour my sense of clarity was awakened and grew. Besides having an 18 year long enriching marriage with the same wise woman, I've also learned a lot about relationships through personal development. To me, this song is a message to the world I’ve left behind and it’s also the fruit of my labour of self-discovery.”

For Mattias Lies, songwriting has served as a compass needle, a therapeutic tool that has helped make the world a little more understandable. Those who have listened to Mattias’ music also understand that his own upbringing was not a dance on roses. On the other hand one should not judge him as a bird of sorrow - on the contrary, he is living proof of how to transform pain into mature optimism. Even if the music is rooted in melancholy, it exudes both joy and hope. Mattias shares his transformative journey with the following words: 

“There can be a thin line between a blessing and a curse. I despised my dark history until the day I finished mourning. On the therapy bench, in the songwriting workshop and in the woods, I have tied loose threads together. Today I own my story, it has made me who I am and I feel proud of that. Like my ancestors, I have a lot of sisu and have never given up. I have been reconciled with the past and I want to share that journey with you.”

*Sisu: A person with sisu is characterized by being purposeful, persistent, resilient and possessing a high degree of grit and bravery.